Re: Unique spool filenames?

From: Brett Neumeier <neumebm_at_hpd.abbott.com>
Date: 1997/05/06

Mike Moritz wrote:

> Is there a way within SQLPlus to create unique filenames for spool
> files. In unix one can use 'filename.$$' which will append the
> process ID. Can I do something similar from SQLPlus, running under
> unix?

Surely. You can use the auditing session identifier, obtained using userenv('SESSIONID').

Try this:

column unique_id new_value uid noprint
select userenv('SESSIONID') unique_id from dual; spool filename.&UID

(yes, it's more bother than it is for Unix. So what's your point?)

-bn
neumebm_at_hpd.abbott.com Received on Tue May 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT