Re: Scheduling Backups on NT

From: Ian Sparkes <isparkes_at_analysts.com>
Date: 1997/05/06

> Try a batch file that calls on oradim73 (something like the strtxxxx.cmd
 in the ORANT\DATABASE directory provided by Oracle
> that start the instance xxxx. I can't remember the exact syntax but I can
 post it too you next week if you like?

> What we do is:
>
> Full database export
>
> Shut instance(s) down
>
> Full NT backup
>
> Start up instances (using strtxxxx) where xxxx is the instance identifier
>
> To my knowledge there is noy way to check that the instance has shut ok -
 you have to check manually later.

I tried this as well but oradim sends a message to then services to close down which is an async operation therefore it is of no use for a scheduled backup. Received on Tue May 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT