ODBC+VB4: Cannot access objects from other users

From: Dinis Paes <dmp_at_elefante.fe.up.pt>
Date: 1997/05/04

Hello,

I'm using Visual Basic 4 with ODBC to access a Personal Oracle 7 database,
and when I try to access a table or view from a user other than the one I used to connect to the DB, I get the following error:

	Runtime error '3078':
	Couldn't find table or query <table/view name>.

It's not a problem with grants or synonyms in the DB because when I execute the same queries in sqlplus everything works fine. Executing those queries in the ODBC test application that came with the ODBC driver, works OK too, so I dont think it's a problem with the ODBC driver either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dinis Paes

dmp_at_elefante.fe.up.pt
Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal Received on Sun May 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT