Role/Priv Implementation Problem

From: Bob <rengland_at_apci.net>
Date: 1997/05/02

Our end users have Oracle database access via in-house applications and through Microsoft Query. We are looking at the best way to implement security: using Oracle roles/privs vs creating user tables that specify access privs.

The problem we are having with the Oracle roles/privs is that even when the users are not in the application, they still have the roles available in Query. We don't want them to have anything but read-only when outside the application.

Any suggestions that might allow us to remain with Oracle roles and limit access outside the apps or is this perhaps not a desired way to go?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Received on Fri May 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT