Re: Looking at view creation ?

From: Richard Rednall <Richard.Rednall_at_ait.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/02

AlBeRt tHe GoD <albewong_at_wam.umd.edu> wrote in article <5kbip1$1gh_at_dailyplanet.wam.umd.edu>...
> Which table can I read to get the full source for a
> trigger and view, because when I query the user_views and
> user_triggers I do not get the full source.

You're looking at the right tables, but you're not getting the full source because the text of views and triggers is held as a LONG.

If you want to see the full text, you will need to set the environment parameter LONG to a larger number (I think it is 80 by default).

Try:

SET LONG 1000 and see how you go. If you need more, keep increasing LONG until you can see the lot.

HTH, Rich.

--
"I try never to get involved in my own life. Too much trouble."
Michael Garibaldi, Babylon 5.