Re: Enterprise Manager, used it?

From: Oracle DBA <this_person_at_thisplace.com>
Date: 1997/05/02

lsantos_at_pobox.com (Luis Santos) wrote:
>snip<
>>
>> But 60 user, what is going on ? Nobody have 60 DBA watching database
>> inside the same company.
>
> Please explain me: Is it $50 per "Enterprise Manager user" or
>per "Oracle user" licensed in all servers monitored?
>

> Regards,
>--
>Luis Santos
>Relacional Consultoria
>Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

It is per Oracle user. The definition I received from an Oracle sales rep is that since "all users get the benefits of the system monitoring", the $50 (USD) charge is levied against concurrent user license count for the database. If your database license is for 400 users, you would need to come up with $95 for each EM user and $20K to cover the rest of the license. But this is only for the performance pack. There is a part of it that comes as a freebie with 7.3. Haven't looked at it for awhile so I'm not sure what functionality you get.

HTH, Frank Received on Fri May 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT