Create Tblspace kills DEC Alpha...

From: Jerry Murr <jdm2_at_lsdn.ksc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1997/05/01

Here's one that has out local UNIX and Oracle folks stumped:

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.2.0 running on Digital UNIX V4.0B.

When we execute a create tablespace command, the entire machine (DEC Alpha) slows down to the point we get calls from people wondering what is wrong with the machine - Unix commands as well as Oracle commands run significantly slower.

Anyone out there tackled this one yet? Oracle blames DEC; Dec points the finger at Oracle. I really need a solution.

                        Thanks in advance... Jerry
                          Jerry.Murr-1_at_ksc.nasa.gov