HELP! Tools for talking between database engines!

From: <carsten_at_us.net>
Date: 1997/05/01

Are there plug-in tools that would allow a commercial piece of sotware talk with a COE compliant database it wasn't designed to work with?

We been developing software with an Oracle database and want to use some off-the-shelf software. Problem is it speaks Sybase and we would rather avoid using two different types of engines. We also have some commercial interests that only speak Informix (so they tell us).

Is there a tool that will cross populate fields (event driven) in both types of DBMSs? Is there a tool that will translate the calls to one type of DBMS into another?

Bottom line, we'd rather not start from scratch with a new database. There are commercial products we'd rather mix (unchanged) to make our overall project a success.

Thanks ahead for any information you may have.

r/jmc
carsten_at_us.net Received on Thu May 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT