Re: Q: How to make passwords expire in Oracle 7.1?

From: Michael Carmack <mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/05/01

Finn Ellebaek Nielsen (ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk) wrote:

: Mike Carmack wrote:

: >
: > In Oracle 7.1, I can find no way to make passwords expire and force
: > users to create new ones. Am I missing something, or is it really not
: > there?

: You would have to wait for the next generation of SQL*Net (Net 8) coming out : with Oracle 8 this summer.

Does that mean I'll have to actually use Oracle 8, or will the new SQL*Net still work with Oracle 7.1?

"Villains, I say to you now:       |   Mike Carmack
 KNOCK OFF ALL THAT EVIL!"         |   Vulcan Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    S P O O N !!!!    - The Tick   |   mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us