Re: VB4 to stored procedures?

From: Michael Carmack <mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/05/01

S Fundarek (sfware_at_idirect.co_) wrote:
: Can anyone tell me if VB4 can access/invoke Oracle 7 stored proceudres,
: functions and/or packages?

: And if so, how?

The easiest way to do it (I think) is to simply send a PL/SQL block that calls the stored procedure in a SQL-passthrough type of statement. I do this within MS-Access, i.e. simply send "BEGIN myproc; END;" in a SQL-passthrough query. Obviously you cannot return values from stored functions this way, though.

"Villains, I say to you now:       |   Mike Carmack
 KNOCK OFF ALL THAT EVIL!"         |   Vulcan Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    S P O O N !!!!    - The Tick   |   mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us