Re: OWS problem

From: Brent Smith <smithb_at_x500.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/01

Unfortunately, this is simply a bug in OWS 2.1 and I understand there is no work-around for it. The answer is either to wait for 2.11 (2.1.1?) - (Oracle support know about the bug and claim that it is fixed), or for OWS 3 (available as a beta release, but rumour has it that it is not worth trying out), or to go back to 2.0 which does not have the problem - at least not as bad - I would still recommend stopping and starting it overnight.

We're using OWS 2.0, Solaris 2.5, Oracle 7.2 on a SUN SparcServer 20 that handles over 60K queries per day and it generally works alright. We tried OWS 2.1 on our test machine and had the same problems, so it looks like a cross-platform bug.

Good luck,

Brent Smith