Re: Help Export /Import -- Prob

From: g.r.s. deisz <g.r.s.deisz_at_ptt-telecom.unisource.nl>
Date: 1997/05/01

In article <3362BDAC.38D6_at_dsi.bc.ca>,

   Brian Spears <brian_spears_at_dsi.bc.ca> wrote:
>HI,
> Keep in mind we have no space to place with...
>
> I have exported 4 tables with the compress=y. The tablespace was
> near full. I was hoping to get some space. the tables exported
> were like 1gig size and won't import back into same tablespace.
>
> After some research I figure that there is not enough contigous
> space in that Tablespace.
>
> QUESTION: How do I import so that the table uses another tablespace?
>
> I tried Changing the Default tablespace for the export
> user and import but I see it is still trying to put
> it in the orginal table space. Am I missing something?

Yes: if the user still has a quotum on it's original tablespace, import will put the data in that tablespace, just like you experienced. Just disallow the user any quotum on that tablespace and import will put the data in the default tablespace.

Stefan.

Name      :G.R.S. Deisz
Phone     :+31-50-5855954
E mail    :G.R.S.Deisz_at_PTT-Telecom.Unisource.NL
DISCLAIMER:This statement is not an official statement from, nor
           does it represent an official position of, PTT Telecom BV.