Re: Trigger synchronization

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/30

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:40:00 +0200, Cristian Mariz <MarizCristian_at_valsugana.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
> Could you help me with Oracle triggers?
>
>I have to synchronize triggers to make them execute sequentally rather
>than
>interleaved. I mean, if one trigger causes another to be fired, the
>second

You simply cannot do this. If a trigger fires a statement (eg an update) that causes another trigger to fire, that other trigger will be executed in full to completion and the first trigger will continue execution from that point on. Think of update/insert/delete statements in triggers that fire other triggers as you would a subroutine call. Your update statement is 'calling' another trigger. PL/SQL always executes sequentially, there is no tasking in the language.
[snip]

>Bye and thenk you all
> Michele
>
> barana_at_arena.sci.univr.it

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT