Re: HELP!!! SQL*Net over the Internet

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/04/30

Stephen Cohen wrote:

> Has anyone setup a client/server application using the public internet as
> the principle backbone for the system. More spcifically;
>
> The client has a shared dirctory for TNSNAMES., SQLNet., Init., etc... a
> mapped drive to the Oranw/bin, The client has the win95 WINSOCK stack and
> appropriate [Oracle] additions to the ini files.
>
> The server has SQL*Net and the related TCP/IP support files. The server is
> running Novell Netware 4.11. There is no firewall or proxy server between
> the client and the server.
>
> Oracle version 7.2 ans SQL*Net version 2.2
>
> I have had Oracle support on the phone for nearly 2 days.... they're
> stumped. I am about to lose my job over this one. It seemed so simple
> going in.
>
> Any help will recieve my undying respect,

Is it a virtual TCP/IP network setup between your client/server ? Can you Ping the server using TCP/IP from your client ? Can you Ping the Oracle server using the OraPing from your client ? Can you fix the problem if the oracle drivers are in local ? Are you sure the Oracle SQL*Net support your TCP/IP vendor ? Received on Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT