Re: Forms 4.5.6 and Memory Leak (BUG #439764)

From: Scott Thompson <sthompso_at_pcc.edu>
Date: 1997/04/30

Scott Thompson wrote:

> This may be a re-post of a question, but we are in dire need of some
>
> clarification of what appears to be a documented memory-leak bug in
> our
> Forms 4.5.6 environment (HP/UX 10.20). As I understand it, Oracle
> is
> NOT releasing any pf the process-specific memory every time a form
> is
> called up. Obviously this is problematic as we are about ready to
> go
> live with a system that is dependent upon this version of Forms. I
> also
> understand that the bug has been fixed in 4.5.7, but our vendor is
> not
> supporting 4.5.7 at the present time.

It appears that Forms 4.5.7 did indeed fix the problem (or at least significantly reduced the severity of the memory leak).

Onward!

--
<x-rich>================================================================================

   "Responsive, Professional Service"

<center>Scott
Thompson(503)
977-4390/voice

Manager, Technical Services                             (503)
977-4987/facsimile

Portland Community College
sthompso_at_pcc.edu/e-mail

</center>PO 19000