oddity with rights !?

From: <kasperle_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: 1997/04/29

Hi!

I just came across an oddity when using db links. A has the right to just INSERT a table, no SELECT. He can't issue SELECT or DESC but he can INSERT (as expected). B (living in a distant database) creates a link to A's base, with A's rights.
I would expect B to have the same rights as A. But B can't INSERT.
Only if I grant SELECT to A, B can do DESC and SELECT and INSERT. But without SELECT there's no INSERT.

Looks quite odd to me.
Some comments? Did I do something wrong?

tia,
regards,
Kathrin Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT