Character Set WE8ISO8859P1 for Oracle

From: Robert Mueller <mueller_at_lindenau.informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: 1997/04/29

Hi all,

for a Workflow-Management-System (WorkParty from SNI), I have to create a new Oracle instance
with the character set "WE8ISO8859P1". However, when processing the create database statement with the command

character set WE8ISO8859P1;

Oracle tells me that this is an unknown character set, so what do I have to do. How do I have to additionally install this (strange) character set?

Any comments are welcome.
Robert

Dipl. Math. Robert Mueller        Tel.: (+49) 341 97 32227
Institut fuer Informatik          Fax.: (+49) 341 97 32209 (secretary)
Universitaet Leipzig, Augustusplatz 10/11, 04109 Leipzig , Germany
email: mueller_at_informatik.uni-leipzig.de Web: http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~mueller/ Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT