Re: Web Server Help !!!

From: Suresh Yarlagadda <syarla_at_pt4064.pto.ford.com>
Date: 1997/04/29

--------------5BF41C8BADE6C9DA75A42BC3

Fred Hirschfeld wrote:

> Haris Kusumo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you tell me how to pass parameter containing oracle wild card,

> > please.
> > i.e.
> >
> http://arizona/hrs/owa/search.product?ProductName=%&ProductType=Sport
>

> > When I print the value of ProductName it display some strange
> > character
> > like @ or e with single '.
> >
> > the procedure that I use something like this
> > procedure product (ProductName in varchar2, ProductType in
 varchar2)
> > is
> > begin
> > htp.p (ProductName);
> > end;
> >
> > I appreciated if you could e-mail me the reply to
> > hkusumo_at_socs.uts.edu.au
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > - Haris -
>
> I think you will find that the % in the URL is used as a special
> character and you must find the appropriate encoding for it. %#xx;
> where xx is the ascii code value for the percent sign.
>
> Fred

 use %25.

bye
Suresh Yarlagadda

--------------5BF41C8BADE6C9DA75A42BC3

<HTML><BODY>
Fred Hirschfeld wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Haris Kusumo wrote:
<BR>
<BR><I>&gt; Hi,</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt; Can you tell me how to pass parameter containing oracle wild card,</I>
<BR><I>&gt; please.</I>
<BR><I>&gt; i.e.</I>
<BR><I>&gt; http://arizona/hrs/owa/search.product?ProductName=%&ProductType=Sport</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt; When I print the value of ProductName it display some strange</I>
<BR><I>&gt; character</I>
<BR><I>&gt; like @ or e with single '.</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt; the procedure that I use something like this</I>
<BR><I>&gt; procedure product (ProductName in varchar2, ProductType in varchar2)</I>
<BR><I>&gt; is</I>
<BR><I>&gt; begin</I>
<BR><I>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; htp.p (ProductName);</I>
<BR><I>&gt; end;</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt; I appreciated if you could e-mail me the reply to</I>
<BR><I>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hkusumo_at_socs.uts.edu.au</I>
<BR><I>&gt;</I>
<BR><I>&gt; Thanks in advance</I>
<BR><I>&gt; - Haris -</I>
<BR>
<BR>&nbsp;I think you will find that the % in the URL is used as a special
<BR>character and you must find the appropriate encoding for it.&nbsp; %#xx;
<BR>where xx is the ascii code value for the percent sign.
<BR>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Fred
</BLOCKQUOTE>

&nbsp;use %25.