Re: Oracle Gateway to MSSQL

From: Jeff Schumacher <jeffschu_at_a.crl.com>
Date: 1997/04/29

Information Builders Inc. may be able to help with the EDA/SQL product for Windows NT. This product can join data from both databases without moving the Oracle data into MS SQL Server. They also make a product to set up a scheduled extract and importing of data between databases.

Some things to consider before looking at products is the volume of data to be move between databases, the frequency of doing it, is the data for read only, etc.

If it is just a one time thing, or a once every couple of months, extracting the data from Oracle, ftp and BCP could be the best way to go.