Re: backup script for NT

From: Frank Sullivan <sullivaf_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/29

In article <3361CC1D.6263_at_knoto.tuebingen.com>,

        Manfred Knobloch <manne_at_knoto.tuebingen.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i am looking for sample backup scripts for workgroup server 7.1
>on NT 3.51. The script should be able to be started from at.
>
>TIA
>
>M. Knobloch

 Hi,

We have set up a backup.cmd file that runs via the GUI AT scheduler tool that:

  1. Starts the Instance(s) (just in case it aint active !! (otherwise when we shutdown later the command file hangs waiting to shut down an instance that is already closed - there is no problem starting a database that is already active (that I know of!!)) Calls on EXPort to perform a full database export
  2. Shut down the Instance(s)
  3. Call on NT backup to perform a full system backup
  4. Start the Instances

Hope this helps

Regards

Frank Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT