Re: SCO ORACLE 7.3.2.2 WORKGROUP INSTALL HELP NEEDED !

From: Roland van Hout <rvh_at_foxim.nl>
Date: 1997/04/28

banglea_at_onr.com wrote:
: Make absolutley CERTAIN that your X display is set for
: 256 COLORS. I was able to get around this problem after
: making this change. It seems that the graphics displayed
: during the install will hang the installation process if
: the X display is set to any other resolution.
Well we had to install WG73 under UnixWare 2.1 or 2.1.1 we had no really supported VGA cards so we never had 256 colors. Just standard VGA.

Make sure you have enough memory 64 Mb is not enough for an install, 80 Mb worked!

mount the cd rom:

mount -rF cdfs /dev/cdrom/* /CD*

cd /CD*
cd server/orainst
cp wgstart.sh /tmp
cp wgorainst.sh /tmp

edit /tmp/wgstart.sh
change the line that contains ./wgorainst.sh in /tmp/wgorainst.sh

edit /tmp/wgorainst.sh
change the line that contains orainst /m in orainst

So we remove the /m so it won't startup under Motif and we get a normal character based install!

Next start the start script
/tmp/wgstart.sh

And voila you get a "normal" install!

:
: In article <5it0jn$e6u_at_foxim.nl>, jfz_at_foxim.nl says...
: >
: >Tim Hung (timhung_at_vcn.bc.ca) wrote:
: >:
: >: I need to install SCO ORACLE 7.3.2.2 Workgroup Server on SCO 5.0.2c.
: >: I understand there is a bug in the install script which prevents it
: >: from installing properly.
: >:
: >: I desperately need some help as Oracle Tech Support were useless.
: >I have a similar problem with installing the Oracle Workgroup Server version
: >7.3.2.2.0 on SCO Unixware 2.1. After the (graphical version of the) Oracle
: >installer starts, I get a 'segmentation fault, core dumped'. Techinacal supprt
: >cannot help me. Who can ??
: >:
: >: If someone out there has a successfull install, I would really appreciate
: >: if you can pass along some instructions...thanks

--
Roland van Hout, software engineer at Foxim Software, Rotterdam,
Netherlands, tel: 010-4557411, fax: 010-4201783, Internet: rvh_at_foxim.nl