Re: dbstart and dbshut scriipts

From: Tim Willson <tim.willson-1_at_umn.edu>
Date: 1997/04/28

John Humphries wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently installed 7.3.2.3 for AIX 4.2.
>
> I have found that the dbstart and dbshut scripts are still written for
> SQLDBA rather then SVRMGR.
>
> Does anyone have revised versions of these they could send to me.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> John Humphries
>
> john.humphries_at_nt.gov.au

Ran into the same problem some time ago. Best answer is to move sqldba to sqldba0 and link a new sqldba to svrmgrl. Svrgmrl is the character based server manager and functions as sqldba used to. Dbshut and dbstart will function O.K. along with any scripting you may have in place that is used to calling sqldba. I have yet to find a problem script that won't work. Good programming sense would dictate that any new or changes to old scripting should reference svrmgrl...

-tw Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT