Re: Install Oracle 7.3 with SQL*NET 1 listener

From: Bas Varkevisser <Bas.Varkevisser_at_cmg.nl>
Date: 1997/04/28

"Karl M. Nordquist" <karln_at_brightwood.com> wrote:

>As I understand it, Netware is the only platform that you can get
>SQL*Net v1.x to work, as I have done it. I talked to Oracle support,
>and they said they do not support it, but 'off the record' the person
>did admit that with Netware a connection to v7.3 was possible.

>Unfortunately, I do not know about NT, OS2, or any other platform.

I have tried it on AIX 3.2.5 with Oracle 7.3.2.3 and SQL*Net V1 from the 7.2.2 CDRom.

I started the listener in the Oracle Home of 7.2.2. When I try to connect (from DOS or AIX clients) the message is: end of file on communication channel. This means (I think) that 7.3 is not accepting a connection from V1. I copied the files to the 7.3 Home and that didnot change anything.
I assume that a relink of the Oracle kernel will accept the V1 drivers. So I will not try that.

The advantage of NT and Novell is, that SLNet are a set of DLL's that will be loaded on runtime. On AIX SQLNet is linked into the kernel. Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT