Unix vs. NT

From: Seymour Cray <XMP1_at_cray.com>
Date: 1997/04/27

I'm running Novell 3.12 with an additional (small) Unix server and need to extend the system with an additional server that will exclusively host Oracle Applications. Can anybody tell me what the advantages/disadvantages of using Unix vs. NT (on the server part) are ? Would I have to run a Unix Emulation such as XVision etc. on the workstations if the user should have access to both Oracle and other applications (that would still reside on the Novell 3.12 Server) ?

Any comments are more than welcome ! Thank you.

binggeli_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Sun Apr 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT