OWS Install on SCO OS 5.02 fails! Help

From: God Radhakrishnan <godr_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1997/04/27

I am trying to install the trial copy of the Oracle WrokGroup Server 7.3.2.2 (downloaded from Oracle). The system is a Pentium with SCO Open Server 5.0.2. Using './wgstart', the installation always fails with:

User Interface Failure: Window System Startup

I have located the error is coming from orainst.motif binary, but do not know the cause. Digging thru the scripts and the help option, I believe that this error is possibly due to orainst not being able to locate tk2 res files for the Term/Sco-Term that is setup. I have tried with term ansi and xterm and verified that the res files are available, but it still fails.

I would appreciate any help from anyone out there.

Thanks,

G Radhakrishnan Received on Sun Apr 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT