Re: Help Export /Import -- Prob

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/04/27

Brian Spears wrote:

  HI,
    Keep in mind we have no space to place with...

   I have exported 4 tables with the compress=y. The tablespace was     near full. I was hoping to get some space. the tables exported     were like 1gig size and won't import back into same tablespace.

    After some research I figure that there is not enough contigous     space in that Tablespace.

   QUESTION: How do I import so that the table uses another   tablespace?

             I tried Changing the Default tablespace for the export
             user and import but I see it is still trying to put
             it in the orginal table space. Am I missing something?

    PS I don't have a export of the entire original TABLE SPACE.

You have at least two options:

  1. Manualy define tables in another tablespace and then import with IGNORE=Y
  2. Alter user (the owner of the tables) so, that you set his QUOTA on original tablespace to 0 and set his default tablespace to another tablespace. Then import normaly.

Regards,

--
Jurij Modic                                          Republic of
Slovenia