Pro*C overflow problem converting int 18 in table to Long in C host variable

From: <djose_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

Hi everyone,

I have a Pro*C code which does a FETCH of a column which is declared as number(18) into a Pro*C host variable which is declared as long and I get the following error.

SQLCODE = -1455
SQLERRMC = ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype

I could use to_char in my select stmt and declare the host variable as char. But the problem is the index on the table gets disabled and adversely affects the performance.

Any help with the above problem would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jude