Re: Oracle7 Enterprise Backup Utility

From: Rick Larson <rick_at_adc.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

Mark writes:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used the Oracle7 Enterprise Backup Utility? I am interested in how
> well it works on the SUN Solaris platform. Looks like you must have one of
> the following two 3rd Party Media Management products when running on Solaris:
>
> Legato NetWorker & Database Module for Oracle
> Epoch Enterprise Backup or EpochBackup (with Migration)
>
> Is using the Enterprise Backup Utility worth the additional cost of
> purchasing and maintaining a 3rd Party Media Management product?

I'm installing EBU and Legato's module for Oracle right now.

We have a Legato server on an NT box and hope to get this working with our Solaris Oracle database. I'm trying to install the EBU so I can't comment on how great it works.

We have agreed to use Legato for backing up our systems so I'm in the process of replacing our homebrewed backup scripts with the Legato/EBU solution.

Hopefully by next week I'll have some idea on how it works.

rick

--
Rick Larson                    rick_at_adc.com
ADC Telecommunications, Inc.