Re: Advice needed on large database project

From: M.Boekhold <boekhold_at_elektron.et.tudelft.nl>
Date: 1997/04/25

: > Can anyone recommend a good, solid SQL server/web development system
: > that runs on BSDI or FreeBSD?

: I have been looking into Msql for a Web Content Management System. It
: is quite impressive. Msql Version 2.0 is in beta 6 at present, will be
: going to beta 7 shortly and should then be released a couple of weeks
: after that (as told to me by Hughes).

: It seems pretty robust and is easily fast enough for me.

: Try http://hughes.com.au/ for more information.

I use PostgreSQL myself for a web-site. I still use the old 1.09 version, because I cannot upgrade there myself, but the developers are now at version 6.0 which is much more capable and more stable too. Soon (within 2 weeks) version 6.1 will be released which has some performance improvements too. It will also support multiple column indices!

Take a look at http://www.postgresql.org

Maarten

ps. Does this really have to go to *that* many newsgroups?

|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|        M.Boekhold_at_et.tudelft.nl   boekhold_at_gopher.library.tudelft.nl      |