Re: Advice needed on large database project

From: Tony Griffiths <tonyg_at_OntheNet.com.au>
Date: 1997/04/25

Rich Burton wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good, solid SQL server/web development system
> that runs on BSDI or FreeBSD?

MiniSQL (mSQL) v1 is nice and solid, but is rather limited in data types (ints and strings only) and keys (single primary key only).

Version 2 is in beta FT and it is certainly more functional, but it might be stretching a point to say "solid" not having tried it out myself! This I will be doing shortly...

There are other commercial db's for which you will pay a lot more than mSQL but I can't make any recommendations not having tried any.

Look in the packages area of the FreeBSD distributions (ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/) under databases...

Tony Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT