Re: Reverse Engineering database objects

From: Winston Douglas <wdouglas_at_cott.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

It would probably be best to use S-Designor or Designer/2000 to do the job IF you already have one of these tools. These tools could give you a data model and ER model and various types of reports whereas a sript will probably just generate a fixed report for you. I wouldn't suggest going out to buy one of these tools just to do this job because they are too expensive. Otherwise it would be better if you just use the scripts.

Jim Miles <jmiles_at_technosolutions.com> wrote in article <3360A1A2.1793_at_technosolutions.com>...
> Lewis Li - ML system admin wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > I would like to extract the database object definition from oracle
 database,
> > such as table, view, trigger, procedure etc. Can somebody point me to a
 web
> > site with the appropriate scripts ?
> >
> > Is it easier to do this with scripts or use tools like S-Designer,
 Designer/2000 ?