Oracle Hot Backups - HP-Unix & NT 3.51 - Products?

From: Dick Lenz <db-middleware_at_wisconsingas.com>
Date: 1997/04/24

We have Oracle 7.3 running on NT 3.51 and HP-Unix 10.10 . We use Seagate's Backup_Exec on NT and Fbackup on HP.
NT--> When performing hot backups using Backup_Exec we get messages that state

        the file is in use. We have done some backup/recovery testing and everything seems to be OK. We have also trialed a product from St. Bernard

        called Open File Manager. Does anyone have any experience with one or both of these products?

HP --> Using Fbackup, we often get files NOT BACKED UP when doing hot backups.

        Do you have any experience with products that perform Oracle hot backups on HP-Unix? Any that you would still buy if you had it to do all over again? Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT