Re: "Bounce" a database

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/24

Wes Riding wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain what it means to "bounce" a database? I have
> seen
> the term in News postings, but I can't find info about it in the
> Oracle
> doc. Is it the same as shutdown/startup or is there more to it?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Wes Riding (mailto:wriding_at_shl.com)
> Associate Systems Engineer
> SHL Systemhouse, Edmonton, AB

Well, you throw your server out the window and measure how far it bounces back up off the floor (if at all). If it's more than two feet you win a prize. :-)

Nah, it just means shutting the database down and then restarting it. You are correct.

Steve Phelan. Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT