Re: Hot backups

From: Barry Schader <barry.schader_at_medtronic.com>
Date: 1997/04/24

Almut Herzog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you will find good backup script examples for UNIX in "ORACLE Backup &
> Recovery Handbook" by Oracle Press.
> I used their suggestion as a starting point and had my own hot backup
> script within a day.
> --
> Almut Herzog
> SECTRA-Imtec AB e-mail: al-her_at_sectra.se
> Teknikringen 2 voice: ++46 13 235221
> 583 30 Linkoping fax: ++46 13 212185
> SWEDEN
I second this recommendation. I used the same book to help construct our backup scheme for Oracle on VMS. I downloaded a set of scripts from the publisher at www.osborne.com, modified them, tested the scheme under three different failure scenarios, and now we have a solid, tested backup/recovery procedure. It took a lot more than one day, but I'm a bit slow ... :-)

Barry Schader
barry.schader_at_medtronic.com Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT