Re: Forms 5.0 question?

From: Jonathan Sell <jsell_at_bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: 1997/04/23

Jon Derman wrote:

> I don't know much about Oracle, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm
> asking this question for a friend:
>
> I heard a (not particularly reliable) rumor that with Oracle Forms 5.0
> (coming out soon?) there is a change with regard to storage of forms
> on the database server -- and that this may represent some technical
> difficulties (for people upgrading from the previous version of
> Forms?) or perhaps some significant design considerations for people
> who are about to implement a database using the current version of
> Forms.
>
> Does this make *any* sense? Is there any truth to this rumor?
>
> Any information would be much appreciated. Please reply by e-mail.

That would not surprise me. All the Dev2K tools use database tables for a variety of purposes and their definitions (columns, column names, etc.) may change from version to version. The Oracle Installer has an "Upgrade Database Objects" function that should do the conversion automatically.

--

 ___   ___
|  #####  |    The Cleveland Clinic Foundation       FAX:
216-444-8023
			         "Do or do not.  There is no 'try'."
                                              -Yoda