Re: How do I prevent "commit" when a program crashes???

From: Chrysalis <cellis_at_iol.ie>
Date: 1997/04/23

I suspect you are using SQL*Plus, which has a setting for the parameter <autocommit. which defaults to ALL. Change this to NO and you then need to commit explicitly whenever your program logic dictates.

AUTO[COMMIT]= Y[YES] commits every statement
AUTO[COMMIT] = A[LL] commits on exit froSQL*PLUS (the default)
AUTO[COMMIT] = N[O] commits only when you tell it to

Chrysalis.