Re: How to connect with Micro Focus COBOL

From: <ets_at_wrkgrp.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

In article <5ir4pn$js7$1_at_tst.hk.super.net>,   Michael Ho <"infoage_at_hk.super.net, hom"@clsasia.com> wrote:

> Shaochun Lin wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone outthere know how to connect Oracle with Micro Focus COBOL,
> > I am urgently in converting some Mirco Focus COBOL files to Oracle TABLE.
> > Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thnak,Shaochun,
>
> Oracle have Pro*Cobol product available.

If your interest is in converting COBOL data files into Oracle tables, our netConvert utility may be of help to you. netConvert can read a COBOL data file and produce an ASCII comma-separated-values (CSV) file, which can be imported by Oracle and other database products, spreadsheets, etc.

netConvert can also translate raw data files between mainframe and Unix or Windows formats, so that such files can be easily moved around the network. Files containing mixed character and numeric (i.e. packed) data are no problem.