Re: Exporting multiple files using exp73.exe

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/22

Rich London wrote:

> The only way I know is to batch the exports using command line
> export
> (Export doesn't take > 1 file name as a parameter).
>
> I have always used FTP to move export files from UNIX to NT for
> import. I
> don't know of a way to connect drives between NT and UNIX.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Hello,
> >
> > 1. Could somone tell me how to export and then import from two
 Oracle7
> > servers (Unix to NT) more than one file at a time . I am using
 exp73.exe?.
> > My files have the same preffix so i need wildcard expression
 (something
> > like exp73 myfile_*).
> > 2. Is there another way of moving the file from one server to the
> other
> if
> > they are on the same network.
> >
> > Sharon.

 Well (original sender), I would write a batch script (as the second poster stated) to perform the multiple imports/exports. As regards the ftp bit, you might find it easier just to let the two systems share some disk space using NFS. This will come as standard on your UNIX system, but will cost you extra (but not much) for your NT server. NFS saves a whole lot of hassle (IMHO) once you've got it set-up.

Steve Phelan. Received on Tue Apr 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT