Re: PROTOCOL.ORA and validnode checking

From: Mark Merritt <merritt_at_mail.msen.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Hello Michelle -
I haven't used protocol.ora myself, but since I'm just 30 miles south of you in lovely Lake Orion, I thought I would try to help a fellow Michigander.

Here's an example. Note that using DNS names may not work - if they don't work try the acutal IP addresses. HTH!

################
# Filename......: protocol.ora
# Name..........: yourhost.world
# Date..........: 15-MAR-95 16:04:34
################

#!
protocol.validnode_checking = yes
#!
protocol.invited_nodes=(node,...)
protocol.excluded_nodes =(node,...)

/*+
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation.
+*/

Michelle Ly (ly_m_at_msb.flint.umich.edu) wrote:
: We are trying to use validnode checking to restrict access to a specific
: database instance to a selected group of IP addresses. We have looked at the
: Oracle documentation CD that describes using PROTOCOL.ORA, but can not find
: any examples/references for TCP/IP. Does anyone have any examples/references
: that we can look at to help us?
:
: Thanks
: