Re: HELP!! creating users with the DBMS_SQL package

From: Norma L. Camp <norma.camp_at_srs.gov>
Date: 1997/04/22

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997 19:35:58 -0700, Mark <mark_at_midascs.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> <snip>
>
>If the stored procedure is run from the sys account then it works.

You need to create a public synonym and grant execute on create_new_user to the user/role, which will execute the command:

SQL> grant execute on create_new_user to <user/role>; SQL> create public synonym create_new_user for sys.create_new_user;

> <snip>

>Email : SmithM_at_logica.com
>
>Home Email : mark_at_midascs.demon.co.uk

 Norma L. Camp                  | All opinions expressed here are my own.
 Westinghouse Savannah River Co | I do not represent WSRC, DOE, nor any
 Building 730-1A, Room 12       | entity thereof and no statement made here
 Aiken, S.C. 29808              | should be interpreted as representing the
 (803) 725-2996                 | views of WSRC, DOE, or its management.
 norma.camp_at_srs.gov             |