Re: replication and LONG fields

From: Joshua Davis <josh_d_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1997/04/21

Stephane Lajeunesse wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are about to use replication (multi-master) on two databases. I've
> read somewhere that you can't use row-level replication on LONG fields.
> How would one go about using replication on LONG fields?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephane Lajeunesse
> slajeunesse_at_sympatico.ca

Create your own replication using triggers.

My advice would be to only transfer the Long fields when you have to,i.e transfer on a schedule where it won't impact your network.

Any problems, I've written a procedure to do this..

josh_d_at_magicnet.net (J&C Davis Consulting) http://www.magicnet.net/~josh_d Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT