Re: Oracle Books

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com.no.spam.please>
Date: 1997/04/21

I guess it depends on what type of information you're looking for in a book about Oracle.

The "Oracle Unleashed" book covers a wide variety of topics, some indepth  and some from a very high level. It ranges from database concepts to database adminstration to application design & development tools. It's a good book if you want to learn about all the related components and associated products.

If, in fact, you're looking for a good in-depth book about the Oracle database, I would recommend "Oracle The Complete Reference Electronic Edition". This doesn't touch so much on the development tools, and is more geared toward the serious Oracle DBA.

If you're having trouble getting either of these books, I would recommend taking a look at Amazon.com. They can get you the book you want (regardless of your location in the world) in just a few days.

The link for "Oracle Unleashed" is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=067230872X/4636-9397550-884076

and the link for "Oracle The Complete Reference Electronic Edition" is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0078822858/4636-9397550-884076

Good luck!

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:56:21 +1000, Jonas Plumecocq <jp_at_connexus.apana.org.au> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone that has seen the "Oracle Unleashed" book - is it any good?
>I can't seem to find it anywhere and would need to order it in. Judging
>from the 1400 pages it must cover quite a bit of ground?
>
>JP
>jp_at_connexus.apana.org.au

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT