Re: UTL_FILE.FOPEN

From: Mubashir Cheema <cheema_at_Jupiter.SPARCO.Com>
Date: 1997/04/20

monty_at_enteract.com (monty) writes:

>Hi ,

>I am trying to write out a text file from a NT Oracle client onto a Oracle Server machine using the

>UTL_FILE.FOPEN utility.

>The procedsure I have written is :
>procedure open_file (p_ctlDirectory varchar2, p_ctlfilename varchar2) is
> begin
> x := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(p_ctlDirectory,p_ctlfilename,'w');
> end;

>I call this procedure as open_file('c:\share','test.txt')

Sounds like a directory permissions problem. Do you have the following line in your init.ora :

utl_file_dir = c:\share

?

If not modify the file and put that entry in there. Then restart the database. To make sure that the change took effect, fire up server manager and ask it to 'show parameters utl'

Let me know if run into problems.

Mubashir Cheema
cheema_at_sparco.com Received on Sun Apr 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT