Re: [Q] Inst. problems with the trial Version

From: Craig Shaver <craig_at_ProGroup.com>
Date: 1997/04/19

Steffen Krug wrote:

> Hy everybody,
>
> I have some trubble with the installation of the trial version of the
> Oracle server 7.2.2.3.0 on Solaris 2.5.1.
>
> At first the database has not been installed during the installation,
> after the installation the sqldba had a core dump (bus error). What I
> have done wrong?
>
> Can you give me a URL where I can read about it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steffen Krug

This sounds like the same problem I was having with my installation. Have you installed the Solaris ISS upgrade? If so, back it out. After I backed out the ISS stuff I was able to create the database.

--
Craig Shaver  (craig_at_progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088