Re: Unable to complete internal login!!!

From: William B. Severin <wbs109_at_psu.edu>
Date: 1997/04/19

Guilherme Mesquita Chaves wrote:

> I got this message after a shutdown normal. I don't know what it is
> about. It's a message: DBA-00342: Unable to complete internal login.
>
> I tried to shutdown abort but it give me the error: ORA-03113:
> end-of-file on communication channel. That i don't know what it it
> either. I exit the SQL-DBA (ORACLE 7.2) and exit the O.S (Unix -
> AIX)
> and logged on again e connected to SQL-DBA again and then a got the
> database started open in a normal way. Can anyone explain what
> happened?
> Thanks in advance.

  I have gotten the end-of-file when I use SQL Plus 3.3. Using 3.2 doesn't give me the same errors. As far as I can tell, the software just lost track of the connection to the database. Often I see a two-task message with it....

I don't know if this helps, but running 7.3.2 has not given me this error from the svrmgrl. Received on Sat Apr 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT