Re: Oracle8 beta Now Available !

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/04/18

Robert Jefson <rjefson_at_highway1.com> writes:

>Caveat for newcomers to the Oracle Developer's Program: Be prepared to
>wait about 30 days after joining the ODP for you to be entered into the
>"user database" and, hence, be able to order a trial license of the
>Oracle8 beta from the address listed above. I joined the ODP on 3/26
>(over 3 weeks ago), attempted to access the Oracle8 beta when it was
>available using my temporary username and password, and was refused
>admission with the admonition "Sorry, user xxx does not exist in the
>user database". So, I called up Oracle and got what would become my
>permanent username and password but was told that I wouldn't be entered
>into the user database for about 30 days. Today, I tried again to gain
>entrance with my permanent username and password, but I'm still greeted
>with the familiar "Sorry, user xxx does not exist in the database.."
>Hopefully, in a few days I'll be in - I'm looking forward to it.

Et Tu Brute ?

I sent in for registration of Oracle Mercury support back in October of last year. They still have to enter my name in their database successfully.

I haven't given up on it yet. I still send them an email occasionally and post a complaint here in the newsgroup every so often. Last I heard from them was way back in December when they told me that they had logged a bug and were working on it.

So, you never know. If you get lucky, you might get your name entered in. Otherwise you are going to have to go around screaming for several months.

Oracle Mercury Support : Give us your money now and we'll register you a year from now, maybe !

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Fri Apr 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT