is netware multithreaded?

From: Eric W. Worden <eworden_at_worldramp.net>
Date: 1997/04/18

anyone know if netware is "true" multithreaded? we're running oracle 7.3.2.3 as a multithreaded server on hp-ux. had a discussion with a fellow dba about multithreaded server and the advantages. his response was that from the literature and books he read, "oracle could only run as dedicated server on unix and that it was multithreaded on netware". my response was: huh? i think your info is outdated and i think you have it backwards, only dedicated on netware and the choice on unix to run either.

as far as i know, netware is fifo for file and print processes, therefore, no concurrency. appreciate any clarification on this.

--

+ Eric Worden +
+ eworden_at_worldramp.net +