Re: ops$root ...

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/04/18

More suggestions:

Do this:

CREATE USER ops$root IDENTIFIED BY <password>;

As root: sqlplus / (or connect /)- it should work.

Log out as ops$root, log into SQL*Plus as system (UNIX user root):

ALTER USER ops$root IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

connect /

and see what happens.

You could also add the line OS_AUTHENTICATION_PREFIX="" (two double quotes) to your init.ora file and try everything all over again (with ORACLE user root this time around).

I apologize for flooding you with all these suggestions, but currently I don't have access to an ORACLE database to try them out before posting them.

I hope this helps

Michael Serbanescu
Sr. Consultant, MIACO Corporation