Re: Oracle Alliance Partner

From: . <joe_at_microsoft>
Date: 1997/04/17

Oracle have an Alliance Partners Scheme, primarily to support third parties in reselling and developing applications using Oracle Technologies. I gather that there are a couple of different schemes, one which is basically free, but where Oracle expect your organisation to resell Oracle product on their behalf, which you can buy at a discount, and another where you can pay a subscription (around £1500-£2000 I think) and receive a whole raft of software to use.

Benefits include things like additional pre-sale support, free licences for training, demo's and marketing, discounts on training and licences for real use, access to seminars and newsletters etc.

There is also the Oracle Developer Programme, where you can pay a smaller subscription and receive quarterly CD's of software and reference material, plus a dinky mouse mat and a very sad T-shirt (my wife won't let me wear mine outside of the house!) which may be more up your street if you work for an end-user organisation rather than a software house or reseller.

Try calling the Alliance Information Service on 0990 194 194.

My employer has been an Alliance Partner for a couple of months - seems useful - nice account manager!

Regards

James Johns
(johns_at_jjohns.demon.co.uk)

Andy Smith <andy.smith_at_citicorp.com> wrote in article <3355FC43.18A9_at_citicorp.com>...