Problems connecting Enterprise Manager to remote database...

From: Michael Jenc <jenc_at_cas-software.de>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hi,

I have installed Oracle 7.3 on our NT-Server. I installed the Client products (for administration) on my local NT-machine. Now I want to connect Oracle Enterprise manager to the database.

I can connect with my own account with SQL Worksheet and perform administration tasks (this way I have created a repository for my account and granted dba to it). I also created a repository for my dba account.

Now when I want to log into the service (which has been mapped to an alias).
But when using the SYSOPER option I get the following error:   VOC-00112 Failed to locate daemon process.

            Is it registered?

When using the SYSDBA option I get the error:   ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges.

The instance is started on the server (and also the Listener service).
What daemon process is meant in the first message? And who does it come that I get another error with SYSDBA?

Thanks for your input...

Ciao
Michael Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT